Want to increase your bookings? There are tons of different ways to go about it. Getting more bookings really breaks down to a two-step process. First, you need to get your business and your properties in front of more travelers. Next, you need to get those travelers to book your properties. It seems like a simple process, but there are a lot of different things you can do make this process more efficient.
We’ve put together a quick list of things you can do to increase your bookings. Check it out!
1. Take Online Bookings – It’s 2013. Today’s travelers expect to be able to book a property and pay online, directly from your website. If don’t have that ability, you’re letting potential bookings slip right through your fingers. Online bookings require less effort on your part and reduce the probability that travelers will move on and shop your competitors.
- Find out how LiveRez can help you get more online bookings.
2. Make Your Website Easy to Use – The primary place travelers go to learn about your business and view your properties is on your website. The easier you make the shopping process for travelers, the more likely they will be to book your properties. It’s a common fact that when travelers get confused by your website, they move on.
- LiveRez-powered websites offer travelers the fastest and easiest way to book a vacation rental online. Find out what makes LiveRez websites different.
3. Optimize Your Property Listings – Your properties listings are the primary place that visitors are going to learn about your properties. You want these pages to tell the story of your properties in a compelling way. So, make sure your descriptions are accurate and well written. Make sure you have lots of property photos and that those photos are professional, well lit and are framed in a way that sells your properties. Use video to showcase how awesome your properties are. And, make sure you give guests enough information to meet their needs.
- Did you know that LiveRez gives you full control over the content on your website, including your property listings? With big, beautiful slides shows, and the ability to embed things like Google Maps and videos from sites like YouTube and Vimeo, you’ll have no problem showcasing your properties on a LiveRez-powered website. Learn more about the LiveRez content management system.
4. Utilize Specials – Using specials is a great way to drive more bookings and fill gaps in your occupancy, especially during times of lower demand. Specials work on multiple levels. First, they create the impression of value. Next, they create a sense of urgency, especially if the specials have a deadline. Finally, they help protect price integrity. Guests recognize that specials are, in fact, offered at a “special” value that is not regularly available. If you just lower the price of your property (without a special), guests may expect to pay that same price when they book again.
- LiveRez gives you the ability to set up a wide range of specials, and even let’s you create special offer codes (coupon codes). Whether your special is a discount, a free item or a package deal, you can create it and advertise it easily with LiveRez.
5. Focus on SEO – Ranking higher in search engine results will increase the traffic to your website and consequently lead to more bookings. Listings on search engines are free, and the effort you put into optimizing your website for higher search engine rankings will have lasting effects (short-term and long-term effects) on your website traffic and your bookings.
- LiveRez-powered websites are built from the ground up to be the most SEO-friendly websites in the industry. The company’s content management system gives you full control to easily optimize your websites for high rankings on search engines. LiveRez even offers a professional SEO service to help you rank higher. See how LiveRez partners rank on search engines.
6. Try Search Engine Marketing and Remarketing – Conversely, if you want a little extra push on search engines, you can pay to put your websites in promoted listings that generally appear both above the top-ranked search results on the first page and all along the right-hand side of search results. You can also use Google’s re-marketing service, which tags the visitors that come to your website and then shows your ads to them when they visit other websites that have Google ads enabled on them. Both of these services allow you to pay only when a traveler clicks on your ads and comes to your website.
- The members of the LiveRez’s Professional SEO Services Team are experts at managing search engine marketing campaigns. They’ll help you drive more bookings and ensure you are getting the most out of your advertising budget.
7. Conduct Email Marketing – This form of marketing regularly provides the highest return on investment. For pennies on the dollar, you can send travelers emails advertising your properties. Not only does this help you get more bookings, but it keeps your business top of mind with travelers. Just remember to follow email marketing best practices; you certainly don’t want to be labeled a spammer.
- Want to learn more about email marketing? Check out our recent blog that break downs and simplifies the process of email marketing.
8. Focus on Customer Satisfaction – Once you get a traveler to book one of your properties, you have the opportunity to make them a customer for life. If you treat them well, they’ll remember it. And, they’ll look to you first when they plan another vacation in the area.
- The LiveRez platform offers numerous tools to help you improve the guest experience. For example, our CRM system can automatically create and deliver nearly every email you would need to send a guest during the reservation process…without you having to lift a finger or remember to do anything. Learn more about the LiveRez CRM System.
9. Respond to Inquiries Promptly – The faster you respond to travelers inquiring about your properties, the more likely you will be to close the booking. Remember, the longer you wait to respond, the more time travelers have to shop your competition.
- Call us today at (800) 343-2891 to learn how the LiveRez CRM System can help you significantly increase the speed in which you respond to guest inquiries.
10. Have a Social Media Presence – Being active on social media sites like Facebook, Twitter, Google Plus and Pinterest helps you further engage with past guests and prospective guests alike. These sites help you build stronger relationships with travelers and keep you top of mind.
- Want a little help getting up and running on social media platforms? Check out our recent blog series on social media for vacation rental managers.
There you have it: 10 simple ways to increase your bookings. If you’d like to learn how LiveRez can help you in this process (and make your life way easier), call us today at (800) 343-2891 or email Sales@LiveRez.com.
Learn More About LiveRez
LiveRez is the fastest growing vacation rental software provider for professional vacation rental managers. The company’s cloud-based, end-to-end platform offers fully integrated solutions for reservation management, trust accounting and online marketing, with high-ranking, high-conversion dynamic websites and an extensive affiliate marketing program. The company is a proud Gold Sponsor of the Vacation Rental Manager’s Association (VRMA).
Visit LiveRez.com to learn more: